Are you ready to make a positive impact in the community? Join us for the annual ‘Tidy With Tigers’ litter pick event in partnership with our principle sponsors, Hexagon. This event aims to not only keep our community clean but also foster a sense of togetherness and environmental responsibility.
The litter pick event has been an annual tradition for several years, and each year, it brings together individuals who are passionate about maintaining the cleanliness of our surroundings. The collective effort of our participants has significantly contributed to a cleaner and more environmentally friendly community.
We’re asking for fans and community volunteers to give Telford Tigers players, coaches, match night volunteers and staff a helping hand by taking part the club’s community litter pick event around Telford Ice Rink and Telford Town Park on Thursday 15th February between 10:30am and 11:30am.
- The meeting point to start the event will be at Telford Ice Rink, 10:00am.
- All children under 16 must be supervised by an adult aged 18 or over.
- Don’t forget to wear your Tigers shirts.
- Rubbish bags will be provided.
Tom Watkins, Hexagon Telford Tigers General Manager encourages volunteers of all ages to come along to event commenting:
“We are proud to continue our partnership with Hexagon for the annual litter pick event. It’s great to witness the community coming together to make a positive impact. The home of Telford Tigers is set on the edge of the Telford Town Park which offers fantastic space for all to enjoy, with plenty of play areas, green space, pools, nature and miles upon miles of designated cycle & footpaths cutting through several areas of Telford. We are all very fortunate to have such a wonderful area on our doorstep and we all feel it’s important to do our bit to help protect it. This event not only keeps our surroundings clean but also instills a sense of pride and responsibility within our community.”
Telford Tigers Top tips for picking litter:
- Be prepared: Come well equipped with gloves (thick gardening gloves are the best) – they’ll protect your hands from anything mucky or sharp and if you’re feeling fancy, you could even bring a litter picker!
- Dress Accordingly: We recommend that volunteers come dressed weather appropriate and wear sturdy waterproof shoes or boots. Don’t forget to wear your Telford Tigers jersey…
- Stay safe: Be aware and take extra care when picking up anything sharp. Stay away from objects which my cause physical harm such as needles, nappies, electrical items, or holding any potentially dangerous chemicals. If you’re not sure what it is, don’t pick it up.
- Report: If you come across any of the hazardous items listed above, this should be identified and reported as quickly as possible to one of the event organisers.
- Sort your haul: Instead of throwing it all in one bag, you should try and separate what you’ve collected to be recycled correctly.
- Wash your hands: Always make sure you wash your hands properly after picking litter.