This camp is open for all EIHA registered junior players from any club that are eligible to play up to U18’s following the government’s COVID-19 tier advice. The camp will be led by Tigers Head Coach Tom Watkins and will be based at Telford Ice Rink. Taking place on the weekend of 17th & 18th April with 2 hours of ice time each day from 14:00 to 16:00 each day. The cost is £80 for one camp, with a discounted rate of £150 if you book both weekend camps together. There is a sibling discount available on request.
The camp is designed specifically for players of all abilities and will help provide well rounded fundamental skills. Training will be high tempo with individual skills being refined and more advanced skills being introduced. There will be an emphasis on individual and team tactics such as offensive and defensive concepts and introduce game situations such as transitions by using high tempo drills, small area, cross-ice and full ice games. Delivered by experienced coaches/players from 2019/20 NIHL league & cup winners the Telford Tigers will provide constructive feedback in-game, relating to positioning and team situations from coaching staff throughout the camp.
Players will need to arrive from 13:40, fully kitted with a face mask. Due to rink restrictions, parents will not be able to enter the rink so we ask that you provide an emergency contact number when registering and stay close to the area in case of emergency.
For any questions, queries and/or confirm a booking please contact [email protected]
We will, of course, be following the latest COVID-19 guidelines and ice rink protocols.
- Entry to the ice rink is from 13:40
- The session runs from 14:00 to 16:00 each day, with parents required to collect players promptly outside rink reception from 16:00.
- All players MUST arrive in full equipment as dressing rooms facilities are unavailable. Arrival time is from 13:40, fully kitted and with a face mask. Due to rink restrictions, parents will not be able to enter the rink so we ask that you provide an emergency contact number when registering and stay close to the area in case of emergency.
- On arrival, players will be required to wait in the designated zone and also follow social distancing guidance. Detailed guidance on the arrival process. Sanitise on entry. Follow the one-way route into the building via skate hire. Helmets, gloves & sticks can be put on outside boot hire. Proceed through to the ice rink hall and leave kit bags on side of the rink outside my office against the wall.
- Please wait in this area until directed by coaches to take to the ice.
- Entry to the ice is the gates next to the Tigers dressing room.
- Players must provide their own water bottle which should be clearly labelled with a name, you MUST bring your own and carry over the ice pad to be placed on top of the barrier in an open space.
- At the end of the session, you will be instructed to leave the ice by the door by the lift, collect your kit bag and exit the building promptly via the café.
- Parents collecting children please wait outside the main entrance of the ice rink outside reception and the coaching staff will walk children around. The collection time is from 16:00.
- We need the contact details of all parents in case we need to reach out for any reason.
The EIHA’s ‘Return to Play’ document has more details and can be found at, https://eiha.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/20200501-Season-Planning.pdf. We will return in phase 4 of this plan which allows for groups of up to 30 on ice.