Skip to content

Back to Back Four Point Weekends for Tigers

Hexagon Telford Tigers returned to home ice after a thumping 10-4 win against Solway Sharks the previous evening. Tigers were behind 4-2 in the contest and hit back with eight consecutive goals to make a remarkable turnaround in the game.  Tigers faced off against Hull in their penultimate home game in the league and held a 100% record against their opponents so far this season.

Telford were again missing the suspended Harry Ferguson and Jack Watkins had joined the long list of absentees.

Tigers continued their goalscoring form from the Solway game and scored four goals in the opening period with Hull looking lacklustre throughout.

In the sixth minute Tigers opened the scoring with Jaden Peca and Archie Hazeldine combining well to set up Louie Newell with a tap in. Five minutes later the lead was doubled with another well crafted goal. Scott McKenzie and Vladimir Luka set up Fin Howells.

With the home side dominating, a third goal was scored when great battling by Peca saw him strip a Hull defender of the puck and then he picked out the unmarked Jesse Sutton who tapped the puck home from close range.

In the final thirty seconds of the period, Telford added a fourth goal Sutton returned the favour to Peca who forced the puck past Hull netminder Tim Lyons from the corner of his goal crease.

Five minutes into the second period Hull finally got on the scoresheet. Rhys Edwards’ shot was saved by Brad Day and Owen Bruton was on hand to turn the rebound into the net. But Telford hit back straight from the restart when McKenzie found Vladimir Luka in space in the left circle. Luka hit a hard low shot past Lyons for Telford’s fifth goal.

Hull changed net minder with Dominic Smith replacing Lyons. A minute later Tigers had a sixth goal. A McKenzie shot towards goal was deflected in by Howells for his second of the game.

Hull had finally got their game going and scored two goals late in the period. Bobby Chamberlain hit a shot that went in off the bar. Then Bruton scored his second of the game from close range.

Telford started the third period in the ascendancy and it was no surprise when then scored a seventh goal. With Declan Balmer serving a tripping penalty, Tigers’ power play unit scored when Luka sent a inch perfect pass to Peca to tap home.

Shortly after Telford had an eighth goal when the puck fell kindly to Hazeldine in the slot, allowing him to smash the puck home to seal the victory. Telford’s win gives them a second consecutive four point weekend ahead of the final weekend of the league season next week.

Final Score: Hexagon Telford Tigers 8 Hull Seahawks 3.

Scorers: Fin Howells (2), Jaden Peca (2), Louie Newell, Jessie Sutton, Vladimir Luka and Archie Hazeldine.

Man of the match: Archie Hazeldine.

After the game Head Coach Tom Watkins, commented, “Despite getting home very late from Dumfries we got a good start to the game and were able to put ourselves in a strong position. I thought our penalty kill did a very good job, our forecheck denied entry to their forwards very well and made some good clears. We moved the puck very well in the offensive zone and our power play scored some well taken goals. Tonight’s win saw us clean sweep Hull in the league this season which is a great achievement given the talent they have and also with the win we move onto level points with Peterborough. Lots still to play for in the final league games.”

For more Club news at Telford Tigers, visit: or catch up on Facebook or Twitter.